• Mon. Oct 2nd, 2023

UGANDA, Kyotera | Real Muloodi News | Traders in Kyotera Town are facing significant losses after a fire broke out in shops near the Old Taxi Park, resulting in one individual sustaining severe injuries.

The owner of MS Select Garments shop, Mr Ssali Munagulama, was inside the shop when the fire erupted, causing him to suffer severe injuries.

The fire which destroyed several items on Thursday 13th of July 2023 reportedly started in MS Select Garments and quickly spread to neighbouring shops.

According to a witness, Mr David Zikusooka, they received phone calls in the early hours of the morning alerting them to the fire.

They rushed to the scene within 20 minutes.

It is believed that Mr Ssali, who is a tailor, might have fallen asleep and left a flat iron switched on, which caused it to burst and ignite the fire.

The blaze engulfed the shops, destroying sewing machines and clothes in the process.

Fortunately, residents were able to rescue Mr Ssali before the fire became uncontrollable. One of the traders, Maria, who operates a mobile money shop in the area, praised the quick action of the residents in saving Mr Ssali’s life.

He was promptly taken to Kyotera Medical Centre for medical treatment.

In response to the incident, Kyotera District Police Commander, Mr Hassan Musooba, advised residents to report fire incidents to the police as soon as possible.

He expressed regret over the loss of property suffered by the traders and assured the public that the police are always ready to assist in such situations.

The fire incident has caused significant damage to the affected shops and has hurt the livelihoods of the traders.


Police Probe Fraud in Rakai Land Transaction, “Files Missing” Says Senior Official

Sango Bay Landlord in Tears as Minister Mayanja Cancels Land Titles