• Thu. Sep 21st, 2023

UGANDA, Nakasongola | Real Muloodi News | A devastating fire engulfed a house in Nakasongola District, Lwampanga Sub County at Kibuye landing site, resulting in the tragic death of a 7-year-old boy.

The incident occurred on Friday night 30th June 2023, also causing the loss of property worth millions of shillings.

The victim has been identified as Asuman Lubega, a resident of the area where the incident took place. Preliminary information suggests that an 8-year-old boy named Hakim Lubega, who is the son of Rose Namubiru, was responsible for the fire.

He was preparing food and mistakenly used petrol to fuel the charcoal stove.

According to ASP Sam Twiineamazima, the Savannah Regional police spokesperson, the petrol ignited within the house, resulting in a devastating explosion and subsequent fire.

Tragically, Asuman Lubega was unable to escape the flames as he was deep asleep at the time. The fire not only claimed his life but also consumed all the belongings within the house.

Upon receiving the distress call from Rose Namubiru, the victim’s mother, the police swiftly responded to the scene.

The incident has been registered as a case of arson, and the police are diligently investigating the matter. They have also visited the scene of the fire to gather further evidence.

The body of the deceased child has been transported to Nakasongola Hospital for a postmortem examination, which will provide valuable insights into the cause and extent of the fatal injuries. This procedure is crucial for the ongoing investigation.

According to the annual police crime report of 2022, the number of reported arson cases reached 1,747, a slight decrease from the 1,803 cases reported in 2021. In 2020, approximately 1,614 cases were reported to law enforcement authorities.

These statistics highlight the pressing need for increased awareness and preventive measures to mitigate the risks associated with fires and ensure the safety of individuals and their properties.


Kabowa House Fire Kills Two Children, Injures One

Fire Ravages Christ Secondary School Boys’ Dormitory